Thursday, December 23, 2010

right-sized hardwood tables

Whenever we go into furniture, antique or thrift stores, Mollie has come to expect from me Chimp-like behavior of pulling drawers out, crawling behind and under furniture, and shining flashlights at stuff - closely examining everything.

These new items in our store have been a transcendent experience for me to pore over and obsess about. (Seriously... I'm not shittin around)



Little end tables and coffee tables from Mi Mesita. Manny Flaherty's furniture collection right-sized for average NYC living spaces.

Like myself, Manny comes from a family of builders. I appreciate his skill and extreme attention to detail. The clean uncluttered lines and spare use of joinery for both structural and aesthetic effect, the natural flow of the trees own growth lines - all these factors merge into a striking minimalist balance.

I really dig his work. Plus he builds the stuff at his studio just a few blocks from our store.

(there. i got through that without using the word "synergy")

Check it out... I got some Wood P0rn for ya right here













More pictures soon.

Manny is available for custom work. His contact info is at his website.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
super awesome 'Homizio' font by Álvaro Thomáz.